Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. We offer a range of paid fellowship roles with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement.
The GHC fellowship is a 13-month paid role with extensive training, leadership formation, and networking opportunities. Fellows bring skills that support capacity gaps at their organizations, allowing them to contribute at higher levels than interns. However, they are not employees, and their professional growth is a key purpose of the fellowship year. This emphasis on their training is reflected by the time-bound nature of the role and by the fact that fellows receive a living stipend, not a salary.
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes the following benefits:
- Monthly living stipend.
- Award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year.
- Support in applying for visas and/or work permits, as necessary.
- Travel costs covered to and from placement site, GHC training and retreats.
- Professional development funds of up to $600.
By the start of the fellowship, June 30, 2019, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Applications opens in December 5, 2018.
- Applications close on January 16, 2019.
- Rec forms due January 23, 2019: One recommendation form submitted directly by the applicant’s reference is required by January 23, 2019.
- Selecting the new crew: Applications will be read in January and February, interviews will be conducted in March and April, and the offers are made on a rolling basis in April and May.
- The fellowship starts at GHC Training Institute at Yale University from June 30-July 12, 2019.
- Interest Health
- Opportunity Targeting
- Anyone Interested
- Full funding
- Opportunity Coverage
- Travel costs, Accommodation, Stipend/ Living allowance
- Opportunity will take place in
- United States
- Required Documents
- Recommendation Letter, others
- Required Specialties All Specialties
- Educational Level Bachelor
- Required Languages English
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, register and apply via this link.