Participate in the Positive Impact Trip Contest 2019 in Costa Rica. CREST has partnered with social media community Steller.co to launch a Positive Impact Trip storytelling contest. Tell them your story of making a difference through travel using the Steller app and enter to win!
A leader in sustainability, Bodhi Surf + Yoga is a certified B Corporation and carbon neutral resort offering one-of-a-kind surf and yoga adventures. The contest winner and his or her guest will spend a week in paradise learning to surf, practicing yoga, rejuvenating in nature, and engaging with the local community. Air travel to Costa Rica from major U.S. cities is included. Organic nutrition industry leader Clif Bar & Company will provide each traveler with products to feed and inspire adventure, and adidas Outdoor will supply each traveler with $1,000 of its award-winning gear. There is no cost to enter.
The Center for Responsible Travel (CREST) is a unique policy-oriented research organization dedicated to increasing the positive global impact of responsible tourism. CREST assists governments, policy makers, tourism businesses, nonprofit organizations, and international agencies with finding solutions to critical issues confronting tourism, the world’s largest service industry. CREST provides interdisciplinary analysis and innovative solutions through research, field projects, publications, consultancies, conferences, courses, and documentary films, recognizing tourism’s potential as a tool for poverty alleviation and biodiversity conservation.
Weeklong “Bodhi Sessions – Adult Surf + Yoga Camp” experience at Bodhi Surf + Yoga in Uvita, Costa Rica. Airfare included. Plus (2) $1,000 adidas gift cards to load up on adidas gear and (2) duffle bags of Clif Bar products for this positive impact trip. The prize should be redeemable for one calendar year after winner has been informed. Blackout dates include June, July, August, September, and October of 2019; December 21, 2019 – January 11, 2020; and June, July, August, September, and October of 2020. Details below:
- One night in a San José hotel.
- Roundtrip ground transportation between San José and Bodhi Surf + Yoga.
- Six nights at Bodhi Surf + Yoga in Room Armonia or Room Amistad. Five breakfasts and three dinners are included, along with five surf lessons, five yoga classes, national park fees, and yoga mat and prop use. Additional meals, activities, and incidentals are not included.
- Round trip coach airfare for two to San José, Costa Rica from major U.S. cities.
- Two $1,000 adidas gift cards.
- Two duffle bags of Clif Bar products
- The Positive Impact Trip Contest (the “Contest”) is open to any contestants who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry.
- Employees of CREST, Steller.co, and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible.
- The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- To enter the contest, download the Steller app at www.steller.co or search for Steller in your App store.
- Then, build your own story about an amazing positive impact travel experience that is between 5 and 30 pages using photos, videos and/or text.
- On the final page they encourage a link to your travel provider, guide, gear supplier, an outfitter, further information, your own webpage, or something relevant to the story so readers can act upon your inspiration (if applicable) and responsibletravel.org so readers can learn more about travel that makes a difference.
- You can enter as many discrete stories as you wish. There is no cost.
- To submit your Steller story, do the following:
- Hashtag #CRESTContest anywhere within your story. Publish your story.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019